[OM] Re: Geotagging (OT)

Subject: [OM] Re: Geotagging (OT)
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 14:07:44 -0600
I was really stoked about that device until I went to the site. It indeed
only works directly with SD and MS cards. In those cases, you simply insert
the card in the reader, and the info is attached. In all other cases, it is
just like any other device, sich as the Sony and certain Garmins, that
require a computer to make the transfer. That sucks.

If I'm traveling, which is when I would use the thing, I am either using
some sort of cardreader device, using only cards, or a laptop in extreme
situations. If I am already carrying the laptop, I don't want to add further
operations to my schedule that will take away from my drinking wine, smoking
Cuban cigars, or God forbid, taking photographs. I had hoped that they would
have a SD to CF adapter in mind, but don't find one in the instructions.

That's money saved.

Bill Pearce