[OM] Re: Big 2 dominate in Japan

Subject: [OM] Re: Big 2 dominate in Japan
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 03:36:20 -0500
Larry,

You're wasting your time with Garth. The line of his you responded to was
him attacking me and encouraging people to steal my work because he wasn't
intelligent enough to read what I wrote. Basically he's accusing me of
encouraging people to pirate software. The problem is, I never did that. You
did, as you proudly admit. I actually disagreed with you and told you to
help the poor get food and medical care instead of helping them get
something like software that the poor don't need so urgently. Garth somehow
saw my response to you as an agreement with your advocacy of software
piracy, when in fact it was the opposite.

Maybe I was too subtle. So here goes: You reading now, me hermanos? I am
opposed to software piracy and I paid for all of the software I use. I am a
professional artist and I earn my living using software made by Adobe,
Macromedia (now part of Adobe but I have the old versions), and Colorbyte
(the Imageprint RIP). I would be a supreme hypocrite to steal software, make
money with it and then demand that people respect my copyrights on my art
created with said software. So I paid for it. A lot of money. And it was
worth it because although I do not make much money, I have made back many
times over the cost of my software. If you hombres estupido don't get that,
then feel free to add me to your killfile as Garth has threatened.

Chris

Ps Larry, you are right on one thing. Talented, hardworking people often
lose in our society because as anyone who has worked in corporate America
can tell you, success is often determined by looks and
personality/likeability rather than talent, education, intelligence, or work
ethic. That's been demonstrated as true, sadly enough, in numerous studies
by sociologists, workplace psychologists, and business schools.

--
Chris Crawford
Photography & Graphic Design