[OM] Re: [Photo] Colonia del Sacramento

Subject: [OM] Re: [Photo] Colonia del Sacramento
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 16:32:18 +0000
I'm very envious of your many trips to Bolivia, Wayne.  You might enjoy
the cementerio de trenes more than you expect to.  I had not planned to
visit it, and only wanted to spend an afternoon in Uyuni before moving
on, but I was there at the time of the presidential election which meant
that most transport was not running.  So I went to the cementerio twice
(not too much else to do in Uyuni), and found it a surprisingly
atmospheric place - full of photo ops.

The salar is more spectacular to look at but more difficult to get good
photos of (I found) - it's huge, white and flat which is hard to get an
interesting shot of!  This is about the best shot I got (taken with a
digital c*non, sorry...)

http://www.world-traveller.org/site/Image:SA-D-2470.jpg

If you haven't been down to the south west before, I'd also recommend
visiting the Lagunas Verde and Colorada, and the Arbol de Piedra, on the
other side of the salar from Uyuni.  Some OM pics:

http://www.world-traveller.org/site/Image:SA21-S18-09.jpg
http://www.world-traveller.org/site/Image:SA22-S19-05.jpg

Roger