[OM] Re: lithium iron phosphate batteries,

Subject: [OM] Re: lithium iron phosphate batteries,
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 11:25:49 -0800
One thing that I read from time to time in my youth, a couple of years
ago, were handwringing articles about using up soil. Is that no longer
an issue?   There have been estimates of ethanol production if all the
suitable, arable land in the US were converted to corn production and
the result would still be a small percentage of the energy needs for
transportation. Besides the economic dislocations and pricing food out
of the reach of many I wonder whether we are talking about squandering
another irreplaceable resource that is being left out of the equation.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA