[OM] Re: D3?

Subject: [OM] Re: D3?
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 22:17:52 -0600
Garth Wood wrote:

> Paul:
>
> Bob Whitmire just acquired one, and Andrew Fildes, I b'lieve, is
> reviewing one for an Australian publication.  We're referring to the
> equipment these two gents have at the moment.  No big.
>
> And multi-platform may ultimately be the way I go, too.  I still think
> Oly's the most innovative lensmaker on the planet, but for some
> specialized photo work I'll be doing for the next couple of years, I may
> need the low-noise capabilities of a Nikon D3 (or a Canon 5D MkII or
> whatever they're gonna call the successor) as well.  It's interesting to
> hear the contrast and compare stuff.

Ahhh!  So when we say "D3", we are actually referring to a N*kon, and
not the E3 in some sort of obtuse way....

Whew.  Must be the holidays -- my brain isn't firing on all 12 cylinders
tonight.
--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon