[OM] Request for info re: 50-200 Digi Zuiko

Subject: [OM] Request for info re: 50-200 Digi Zuiko
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 14:47:15 -0700
Folks:

I'm trying to put together an order for Really Right Stuff, and as I
haven't acquired the new 50-200 SWD yet ('cause it's not out, far as I
can tell), I need to order a multi-purpose rail "on spec."  The reason?
  I have all the other items I want already selected, and RRS charges
outrageous (to my mind) shipping & handling, especially considering they
normally just use the ol'-fashioned USPS.  I don't want to wait for the
rest of the stuff by delaying the entire order until I can get the
50-200 SWD and then determine the size of the tripod "foot," and I
certainly don't want to incur their shipping charges twice if I can
avoid it simply to get a single MPR afterwards.

So, could some kind soul who owns the "old style" 50-200 please send me
the approx. dimensions of the tripod foot so's I can order a
close-to-correctly-sized MPR for the new lens?  (I'm assuming that the
old and new lenses will have similar sized feet, but I think that's
gonna be a pretty safe bet).

Thanks in advance.

Garth