[OM] Re: TSA: Safe Travel with Batteries and Devices

Subject: [OM] Re: TSA: Safe Travel with Batteries and Devices
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 09:33:03 -0800
The only news items I have seen about fires with lithium ion batteries
have concerned installed batteries, either being used or being
recharged. Yet the ban only affects uninstalled batteries? How does an
unsafe device, if you accept that, become safe when it is inside a
battery compartment? We have a nice sample group here. Has anyone's
spare camera battery burst into flames?

Just another hoop to jump through to make you feel like something is
being done for your safety. Is the banning cameras and painting
photographers as terrorists instead of perverts the next step?.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA