[OM] Re: om4 finder cleaning

Subject: [OM] Re: om4 finder cleaning
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 10:18:30 -0500
Usual disclaimer: This is not meant to be done at home by the end user
unless you have repair experience. I'm assuming that dust has gotten
into the moving elements.  Note that between the outer surface / prism,
there are a total of 7 glass surfaces to clean.

Remove top cover, unsolder all attached wires, watch for lose rewind
button, spring, brass detent & tiny spring under asa plate.  Remove
eyepiece frame (sometimes one hidden screw under edge of circuit board).
Disassemble eyepiece frame, remove elements and hope that epoxy bead on
edge of each element is still holding.  Replace missing (broken) outer
cover glass if necessary. If this glass is missing, it is the cause of
the bulk of the dirt getting into the eyepiece assembly in the first
place. (LC420400). Re-assemble all.

John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121 | Olympus OM Service since 1977
http://www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1 AT verizon.net