[OM] Re: OT - firewire

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - firewire
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 00:12:24 -0800
> From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Jan Steinman wrote:
>> Easy. If it's a Mac, it's got Firewire. If it's a PC, it probably
>> doesn't have Firewire unless you added it.
>>
> Sometimes, Jan, your prejudices make you sound a bit silly...

Well, I'd call them "observations," rather than "prejudices," but if
that's how you choose to judge me, so be it.

My experiences with Windows machines is obviously different than your
own. I had six students with Windows laptops in my recent Photoshop
class, and NONE of them had Firewire ports -- I know because I had a
Firewire CF card reader with the class work photos on it, and no one
could download them! Luckily, I also had a USB flash drive, which
everyone could deal with, so I just copied stuff between the two.

But if Firewire is no better than USB, why do your PCs even bother?
Seems like an unnecessary expense in a market where everything is
supposed to be so cheap. Is it because most videocams use Firewire?

:::: "One World, One Web, One Program" - Microsoft Promotional Ad
:::: "Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Führer" - Adolf Hitler
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>