[OM] Re: OT - weather station - and barometric pressure

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - weather station - and barometric pressure
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 19:23:11 -0800
Steve Barbour wrote:
> I needed info related to the E3..and the Leica Pana 25mm 1.4
> lens...and was being all ears at the start...
>
> so far, from today's disussion,
>
> I have the feeling I  joined the wrong group...

Welcome for however long you stay. I do believe you will find as much as
may be known about the E-3 here, but you may have to sit up and ask.
Several folks here already have E-3s.

What you are seeing with all the off topic chatter is a group that
includes quite a few folks who have known each other, mostly on-line,
although not entirely, for some time. so when all the questions of the
moment have been answered, the chat goes on regardless.

But ask and you will find as knowledgeable a group about things Oly,
from early folders, through the Pen and OM systems into the latest digi
gear as there is anywhere.

Things are a bit looser on OT equipment than years ago, as the advent of
the E-1 and its immediate followers didn't meet the needs and/or desires
of a number of long term members. So there are a couple of Nik*n
shooters, with or without OM gear as well, but with a long OM history.

And quite a few of us went with Canyon DSLRs and OM-EOS adapters, so we
could use our Zuikos and other OM mount lenses. Most still have OM gear
- I have way, way too much - and still shoot some few or many film shots
with it.

I also commend you to the zone-10.com web site. Although with the aim of
including all brands and types, the site was started by folks from this
list and with a long history of working with Olympus equipment, and in
one case, working for Oly in product development, so the site is a
little Oly centric at the moment.

You may find the articles on the development of the E-3 interesting.
<http://zone-10.com/cmsm/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=38&Itemid=73>

Moose