[OM] Which ZD lenses have that special magic touch ?

Subject: [OM] Which ZD lenses have that special magic touch ?
From: "Alan" <atk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 14 Dec 2007 17:33:43 -0000
I'm thinking of buying into the 4/3 system (undecided between E-3/canon 40d).

Which ZD lenses have that special magic touch (good resolution, contrast,
micro-contrast, bokeh and so forth - esp on the higher resolution sensors of
the 510/E-3 (as oppose to E-1).

Right now if I were to go with the E-3 I would lean towards the 12-60 and
either the 50-200 or 70-300. I'm not as concern with build quality or swd as
I am with raw optical quality but I'm used to the high contrast rich saturation
of zeiss (contax c/y) glass.
--
I.e, is the 12-60 a noticeable optical improvement over the 14-54 (I know it is
better built). Likewise how do the 50-200 compare to the 70-300? Are there

Thanks!
Alan
(I currently use a contax c/y system but prior to that system I used an OM 2sp
for 17 years)