[OM] Re: Continuing Saga of the 1DMkIII

Subject: [OM] Re: Continuing Saga of the 1DMkIII
From: "IanG" <ian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 18:35:42 -0000
Well, never miss the chance to show off your own work I say. Warts and all,
here is my first sequence off a repaired 1D3  - possibly the first to be
repaired in the UK

Picked up the camera from Elstree UK yesterday, found the dog, fired these.
RAWs, processed and uploaded straight through Lightroom. ISO1600. I changed
nothing on the camera to get this.

www.skelly.eu/photos

One other from yesterday but worked up a bit.

www.skelly.eu/oak.jpg

ISO1600, 70-200/2.8

Taken today, I'm just working through 10gb of RAWS - you fill a lot of card
up at 10fps.

www.skelly.eu/otter.jpg

ISO800, 300/2.8

www.skelly.eu/otter2.jpg

ISO800 70-200/2.8

Too early to pass considered comments on the 'fix' although it's a lot
better than it was. My best guess is the hardware fix works, the AF
predictive software needs tweaking, Canon really must get some
understandable documentation out.

Last comment comes as I realised that after 4 weeks of waiting to get the
camera back repaired, I've completely forgotten how to set it up. The AF
setup is way too complex for a fast shooter.

Finally, what nobody has mentioned anywhere - the camera now sounds totally
different to before the fix, it has a lot harder / sharper noise.