[OM] More Stereo Nonsense - limited OM content

Subject: [OM] More Stereo Nonsense - limited OM content
From: "Ian Nichols" <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 15:42:53 +0000
I've bought myself another Minolta A-1, do do digitally what I used to
use a pair of OM-2SPs for, i.e. synchronise them and use them to take
stereo photographs.

Not really had a chance to use it much yet, but here's the first
result - a quick shot of my OM-1.  It's in the most recent collection
here, or at least it will be some time today when it gets approved.

<http://tinyurl.com/yp7kvy>

It turned out to be relatively simple to synchronise them.  All you
have to do is make a pin-to-corresponding-pin connection between the
two cable release sockets on the back, then either shutter button will
control both cameras.

Off-camera flash sync was a bit disappointing, though.  Using either
camera to trigger the flash (by PC cord) I had to go all the way down
to 1/25s before both would get the flash.  No fill-flash on bright
sunny days then, except by using the internal ones.

Now I'll have to go somewhere and try it on moving subjects, which was
the whole point of this exercise really.