[OM] Re: xcountry drive (LA-Chi)--snow?

Subject: [OM] Re: xcountry drive (LA-Chi)--snow?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 22:16:39 -0800
My brother who lives in Colorado said that several roads were
temporarily closed with snow last week. That said, during a couple of
winter trips to Montana no one asked whether I had chains. They assume
you have your own best interests at heart and are smart enough to
decide yourself, unlike inside a national park.

I would say that I would not attempt the trip myself unprepared this
time of year. Chains are cheap, but driving in conditions that require
them is miserable, and slow.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA