[OM] Re: eneloops OK for T-flashes?

Subject: [OM] Re: eneloops OK for T-flashes?
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 17:20:54 -0700
Y'know, I'd love to use rechargeables in more situations, but because
each cell has 20% less nominal voltage than a similar alkaline, many of
the devices I wish to use them in are sensitive to the reduced voltage
levels, and almost immediately begin to complain that the batteries are
"dying" (or the devices just stop working after a day or so).  Several
of my optical wireless mice are like this, ferinstance.

The Eneloops are being sold at my local Costco for what appears to be a
very attractive price (and have you *seen* the price of offline HDD
storage lately?  Oh mama it's cheap!), but even a good price is a bad
deal when you can't use 'em properly.  I remember when they used to sell
rechargeable alkalines (which I used a lot, and had the "correct"
nominal voltage), but they appear to have gone out of fashion in the
last few years...

Garth