[OM] Re: Anyone ever seen one of these?

Subject: [OM] Re: Anyone ever seen one of these?
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 08:11:57 -0500
There outta be a law "Sorry sir, you're not allowed to own this camera.
  You have a record..."

I told him on the phone, "It was knocked over while attached to a
tripod."  At first he denied it, but then confessed.  Bottom cover was
bulging out at the tripod socket.  I literally had to -- WHACK -- the
bottom casting to bend it back in so the large toothed gear of the
shuter speed dial would properly engage the gear under the circuit
board.  I use a large screw driver with the tip ground off and a wooden
mallet. He's lucky his original impact didn't break the front casting off.

Some things that go on in camera repair would make you cringe. Hitting
is the way that bent castings get straightened and hopefully you don't
hit it hard enough to break anything.

GRRRR, I almost wanted to yell at him. It had been a beautiful camera,
almost totalled by accident and idiocy.  Epoxied screws?  What the f***
is wrong with you man?  I got it all working, and reminded him that any
new abuse at the least voids the warranty, at the most may render it
completely unrepairable.

John
CPS, Inc.