[OM] Re: OM/EOS adaptors

Subject: [OM] Re: OM/EOS adaptors
From: James King <jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 16:08:16 +0000
got mine from ebay (one with focus confirmation)

only had it two weeks (Canon 5d) works fine focus confirmation works
well if you change the focusing mode to the centre point only focus
confirmation agrees very well with the canon right angle finder.
I found that the screw which moves the stop down leaver on the lens does
not move it far enough to properly stop the lens down past about f11 so
I bend the screw a little and its fine.
I leave the adapter on te camera and remove the lens.
The adapter tells the camera its a canon 50mm f2 in manual mode.
Metering does not work well if you stop the lens down. So I focus and
meter wide open, calculate the appature I want and corresponding shutter
speed, stop the lens down and set the shutter speed in manual mode on
the 5D - no good for fast action but fine for landscapes, night photos
etc. Very happy with the results using a Tamron 90mm f2.5, Tamron 80 -
200 2.8 ed and olympus f2 wides (35, 24, 28)
James

Companies Act 2006 : http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/companyinfo