[OM] Re: Church update : Bulwick Northamptonshire

Subject: [OM] Re: Church update : Bulwick Northamptonshire
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 16:47:24 -0700
geebee wrote:
> From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Subject: [OM] Re: Church update : Bulwick Northamptonshire
>

>> The overheads in the choir area... Are those heaters, lights, or
>> something altogether else?
>>
>> <http://www.geebeephoto.com/Northamptonshire_Churches/A-L/pages/Bulwick_01.htm>

I was wondering the same thing -- some of those old Norman churches get
insanely cold and damp during winter.  I oftentimes wonder how the
worshippers of old put up with it -- especially since, back in the day,
there were no such things as pews.  They either stood or knelt on the
stone floor (which was probably filthy, besides being cold).

Mind you, their day-to-day living conditions were probably even worse,
if you can imagine...

Garth