[OM] Re: Wandering around with the E-3

Subject: [OM] Re: Wandering around with the E-3
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 20:14:53 -0800
Garth Wood wrote:

> 7. I don't like the way Photoshop CS3's ACR 3.4 handles the RAW files
> from the E-3.  There's something wonky about it.  Can't put my finger on
> it yet, but it seems to be assuming that the .ORF files from the E-3 are
> *much* darker than from the E-1, the E-410, or for that matter, the RAW
> files from my KonicaMinolta A1.  Here's hoping a software update clears
> this up..

"Adobe has released updates for many of its imaging software packages.
Photoshop and Bridge CS3 receive bug fixes whilst Camera Raw 4.3 offers
support for Canon's sRAW format and EOS-1DS Mark III as well as Nikon's
latest D3 and D300 DSLRs and the Olympus E3."

For those who are still happily using CS2, or CS, - even if you don't
need, or want, what's been added to CS3, you have to update if you buy a
new camera, cause new ACR doesn't work with old PS.

You are now caught in the Adobe update trap. That's what got me into
CS2, for 5D Raw files.

Moose