[OM] Re: RRS L-plate for Olympus E-3

Subject: [OM] Re: RRS L-plate for Olympus E-3
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 18:36:25 -0500
Hi,
I did ping Oly about the tripod mount design.  As usual they responded
quickly.  Here is the response:

Dear Mike,
The 1/4-20 thread tripod mounting socket on Olympus cameras is a
universally accepted design, similar to the majority of camera mounting
threads found on the majority of cameras to mount on the majority of
tripods, quick-release plates, camera stands, flash brackets and other
such accessories.
Could the issue be that Arca Swiss mounting plates are the tail that is
wagging the dog?

Regards,
Olympus Imaging America, Inc.

I responded something to the effect that he may have a point, though
the dog owner is especially displeased with the whole situation when
the tail falls off.

Mike

http://mail.aol.com