[OM] Re: Laptop vs Desktop

Subject: [OM] Re: Laptop vs Desktop
From: Alan Wood <alan.wood@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 14:38:17 -0000
Jez asked:

> Is there a Vista user in the house?

> > Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> > > I don't know about no Vista but my XP machine is set up
> > > with the retro look as well in an attempt to keep the
> > > interface from getting in your face.

Yes.  I have Vista Business at work.  I pointed out that we did not have a
Vista test machine, and then my 2000 machine started playing up, so I was
made the Vista guineapig.

Avoid it like the plague.  I have a fast dual-core processor and 2 GB RAM.
It is pathetically slow, and getting slower.  I have nearly all of the fancy
options turned off.  12 seconds to open a Save As dialog box when editing a
text file on my hard disk.

You can still have the Classic interface:
Right-click on the desktop
Personalize
Window Color and Appearance
Color scheme: Windows Classic