[OM] Re: OM lenses for Digital E-series camera

Subject: [OM] Re: OM lenses for Digital E-series camera
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 11:25:39 +1000
AG Schnozz wrote:
>> Maybe they're too tele-centric !
>
> Actually, you may be correct.  I've noticed that super-teles tend to
> defeat the AA filter somehow. I'm getting greater pixel-sharpness
> from my 100-300 than I am from more normal lenses.

It's funny you should say, as I recall being surprised at the
performance of my "consumer" Canyon 100-300 lens on my 10D, and at
points where the lens was considered weakest. Of course, my (limited)
experience and (unobjective) "surprise" serve as very little affirmation
of your own better judgement and experience in such matters, but I felt
compelled to mention it, just for the sake of hearing my own voice.

:-)

Cheers,
Marc (reading his own posts aloud)
Noosa Heads, Oz