[OM] Re: OT Mercedes Benz

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Mercedes Benz
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 21:37:05 +0000
MB automatic gearboxes are lovely to use, John; I've used the 5-speed
ones in the E-Class (300TD), CLK (230K) and M-Class (270CDI).  Even
at that age they were smooth as anything.  The latest ones are much
more logical to use in "Manual" mode than the competition from VAG or
BMW.

I'm not sure how this counts as "doing my bit for the planet" though:
27mpg??? :-) Although I suppose you are recycling a car ...

Chris