[OM] Re: [OT] Leopard upgrade - was Re: Re: Aperture and printing with

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Leopard upgrade - was Re: Re: Aperture and printing with
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 13:28:01 -0700
> From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I think for intel it may be worth upgrading but maybe not for powerpc
> users unless you want some particular functionality

It turns out the things I thought I wanted it for are not the things I
appreciate the most. I've installed it on two PowerPCs and one Intel
so far. I'll be switching my server (quad PowePC) this week. It seems
to be considerably faster on PowerPC, at least.

Spaces and Time Machine were my early reasons, and they are really
great, BUT my #1 love after using it a while? QuickLook! I've got so
many files with names like "XQ42Z" lying around... now I simply press
space and get a nice, full-size read-only view of any of them,
including Microsoft Turd, ExHell, and SourPoint, as well as the usual
suspects like PDF, JPEG, etc. It's going to change the way I use
computers.

:::: To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the
acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of
skill. -- Sun Tzu ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality http://www.EcoReality.org ::::