[OM] Re: Bamboo (OT)

Subject: [OM] Re: Bamboo (OT)
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 21:56:35 +1000
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> The standard Fishbone fern is not Australian, never mind indigenous.

The only "Fishbone Fern" (Nephrolepis cordifolia) I know is Australian,
and is indigenous to SE Queensland and northern NSW, but has spread to
many other places.

> Tough bastard that withstands hot and dry weather. There is a native
> fishbone but I don't think you'll find it around your place (a
> Blechnum species as I remember - rainforest plant).

Nephrolepis cordifolia you will definitely find around our place (it's a
"rainforest and open forest" plant).

> You'll need to get all the root 'nuts' or it'll continue to plague you.

Yes, I know. Sometime over the weekend I'm planning on getting a bad
case of Pitchfork Back (like "Tennis Elbow", but much less fun) trying
to remove as much of the leftovers as I can.

Cheers,
Marc
Noosa Heads, Oz