[OM] In-camera BW vs. creating a BW image during PP

Subject: [OM] In-camera BW vs. creating a BW image during PP
From: Ali Shah <alizookoman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 18:32:44 -0700 (PDT)
Most cameras (I say most because I came across a DSLR
that does not have this feature) have a black and
white mode. However, I am finding that many people
prefer converting to BW using a software (i.e,
lightroom or photoshop. I realize that when you shoot
BW in RAW - you are just not seeing the colors tho the
sensor retains the color information.

Shooting in BW mode or converting during PP...which
one is better? I like the idea of being able to view a
BW image while still on the scene and making
adjustments on the fly. I had a dicussion in another
forum and everyone else is saying that conversion
during PP is better.

http://mail.yahoo.com