[OM] Re: Marketing policy

Subject: [OM] Re: Marketing policy
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 16:40:34 EDT

In a message dated 11/1/2007 11:19:43 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
geebee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

"Please  give whatever you consider to be appropriate to someone homeless on
the  street
without regard or reservations to how they may spend or waste it.  Just give
him/her the cash.
In short, just make someone's day. I know that  this is a little eccentric
but the thought of a gift out of the blue,  triggered by
a photograph of mine, to an individual less fortunate than us  gives me
pleasure beyond my ability to express adequately."

So if  anyone can pay the Blurb price without sufficient pain to stop any
further  desire to shell out yet more cash for the book
then please feel free to  implement my whacky marketing policy :-).

Graham, your book will be under my Christmas tree this year with my wife's
name attached.  It will be a surprise. I often share your images with  her.

Although I don't subscribe to your method payment for my work,  I applaud
your version of "paying it forward."

It reminds me of a project I did several years ago which lives on in a
somewhat different version today.  For those who have read this for, I must
warn
you that this is not something for the faint of heart.  If you  will do as I
did, you will likely rid yourself of any attachment you have to  money and any
stories you have about the unfortunate ones who find themselves  homeless.
That is a pretty big order for many of us.

What I did was to get 100 $1 bills and put them in an envelop over my sun
visor and anytime I saw a homeless person on the street, I would give them  a
dollar.  It took a little time to get rid of the $100.  I then went  to the
bank
and got 20 $5 bills and did the same thing with them.  When  they were gone,
I got 10 $10 bills, and then  5 $20s and then 2 $50s and  finally 1 $100 bill.
 I continue to give generously thru traditional means  and thru my sun visor
system.  It is an inexpensive price to pay to get rid  of my "story" about
someone else's circumstances and it sure has "made" a few  days along the way.

The truth of the matter for me is that there are perhaps one or two
decisions made in my life that separate me from the circumstances of those who
find
themselves on the street.  Regardless of how folks arrive at this  place in
their path through life, I say it is important remember we are all in  this
together.

Bill Barber