[OM] Re: Genius of Photography tv series

Subject: [OM] Re: Genius of Photography tv series
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 06:06:05 -0600
Ian Nichols wrote:

[snip]

> I was mildly amused by the bit in part 1 where it was revealed that
> Andre Kertesz visited this little town in France, took some
> nondescript snapshots then went back a few days later and took some
> much better ones.  Reminded me a bit of an artist's preliminary
> sketches.  It's all too easy to fall into the trap of thinking that
> the Great Photographers get a perfect shot, instinctively, every time
> they press the shutter release.

Absolutely!

There's one rock formation near Drumheller (Alberta Badlands) that I've
repeatedly visited over the years with photo kit in hand, at various
times of day and in various seasons, still trying to get that perfect
visual treatment on film (and now memory card).  I'm not sure I'll get
it the way I "see" it in my mind before I die, but that's not gonna stop
me from trying...

Garth