[OM] Re: Gitzo 1257 LVL (Kinda OT, Sorta)

Subject: [OM] Re: Gitzo 1257 LVL (Kinda OT, Sorta)
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:25:08 -0400
Been pondering the same issue.  The 2530 replaces that one---has
slightly different CF tubing and allows for toolless ground level set
with removal of cental column--reduces need for Markins base plate.
They claim the legs are lighter, though the 2530LVL version weighs the
same---3.5 lbs.  Got me.  The 2530EX minimum ht is ground level so
would be better for macro.  It does not have the leveling ability.  It
is about the same price  at B&H.  I hope others comment.  I couldn't
decide and planned to ask but you beat me to it. In my BiG Foot centric
world, macro wins, though perhaps I'm wrong.
Mike
http://mail.aol.com