[OM] Re: Gitzo 1257 LVL (Kinda OT, Sorta)

Subject: [OM] Re: Gitzo 1257 LVL (Kinda OT, Sorta)
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 08:34:46 -0700
I have the older non-leveling version of this tripod. I'm quite happy
with it. It works quite well for a Tamron 400/4 + 1.4x TC but is
inadequate for a Zuiko 1000/11. The Zuiko was used in fairly heavy
wind. The tripod couldn't resist twisting about the center axis. It is
still my first choice of tripods. I use an Acratech head on it.

Another thing to consider is that the 26" length makes it almost
impossible to put it in carry-on luggage. I believe the 3 leg sections
make it stiffer than the 4 leg section version and lighter but don't
have any direct experience with the 4 section version.

Good luck,

-jeff