[OM] Re: Great new Olympus Odyssey Pictures Posted

Subject: [OM] Re: Great new Olympus Odyssey Pictures Posted
From: Michael Collins <l43g20th@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 22:47:12 -0400
> Nice use of the OO Camera and great timing.

Thanks. [Guiltily] I kept the camera longer than I should have, waiting for
the weekend trip to Algonquin Park.

> Wonder how the pano was put together?

I didn't mean to imply they were composites, they are panoramas in the
simplest sense: just shots at 28mm cropped down to take out foreground
clutter and excessive sky, leaving the impression of a pano.

> Don't recall ever seeing a posted photo with that Viv s1 or even any
> data on it.  The 28-105 /2.8-3.8 is in Gary's site but not that one.

It's a hefty chunk of glass, but my favourite all-purpose lens. I think it
may have been listed on the now-deceased Cult Classics Web page. My first
one started misbehaving badly in cold weather, and I couldn't find anyone
locally who would overhaul it, so I just bought a replacement from a list
member. Never did come across a matching hood, though, and it really could
use one.

Michael