[OM] Re: Web revisons

Subject: [OM] Re: Web revisons
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 21:06:22 -0700
Bob Whitmire wrote:
> Well, after much grinding of teeth and drinking of gin, I've done
> some technical revisions on the web site based mostly on customer
> comments. Seems they didn't like things so big, 'cause their monitors
> aren't set for photography, etc. (Sorry, Chris <g>) They also said
> all things considered, more images and less commentary would be
> welcomed. Blogs, I have been informed, are for the commentary. Boy,
> did _that_ hurt. <g> So I went back to a smaller page, and I _think_
> I have the problem solved whereby images were not appearing, and
> great gaps were present, etc. I also have cut or toned down a lot of
> the commentary.
>
> So, anyone with time on his hands and nothing better to do is
> respectfully requested to check by www.bwp33.com to see how it plays
> with your browser.

I do think the new layout is more friendly, although the actual images
are a bit smallish for full enjoyment. Yes, I know, all too many folks
would be happy to grab a bigger image, make a crappy print on their
all-in-one, and be fulfilled - while you were not. ;-)

There are a couple of things less than perfect on the Where and How
page. There is no location given for the Samoset Restaurant. By
inference from location on the page, I assume Damariscotta, but more
detail would be useful.

The Anchor Inn reference "It's hidden by the leaves top-right of the
above photo" is no longer accurate.

I think we stopped by the Waldo county craft Co-op to call you and check
your schedule, but we were on a tightish schedule and didn't go in. We
had already bought too much stuff and had half the trip yet to go. Had I
but known.....
> Sadly, there is only one new image,
*But a goodie!*
> The next step is to get more images  on the site, probably for the most part
> in galleries rather than  sprinkled around on individual pages.

Seems a good idea to me.

Moose