[OM] Re: Voigtlander 125/2.5

Subject: [OM] Re: Voigtlander 125/2.5
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 17:27:46 -0700
usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Wayne,
>
> I do have the Z. 135mm macro (thanks, Jeff)  and the Viv S1 90mm but
> alas no Kiron.  Moose is quite skilled at experimental design with such
> things

LOL I just put them all on the 5D on a copy stand in decent natural
light and took a series of images of text on the back of a book. The
differences wer generally easy to see. No fancy hardware/software.

> and is welcome to perform a comparison test, perhaps with his next NE
> trip.
Lets see.... You have the 135/4.5, so you have bellows and/or 65-116. So
I'd only have to carry the 50/3.5, Tammy 90/2.5, extension tubes for 1:1
for both, Kiron and focusing stage, if you don't have a copy stand. I
already strained the limits of airline baggage and had to send a package
home parcel post on the last trip.....
> I suspect this is comparing degrees of excellence.
Mostly, but some differences were surprising. None of the MF lenses
could touch the 50/3.5 for 1:2 flat copy work. Neither Tammy nor Kiron
were close. I didn't have the 80/4 at that time, so have no comparisons
with it. If the same folks who designed the 50/3.5 did the 80/4, it
should be the 1:1 winner. My copy stand is out on loan at the moment,
but I might add to the tests when it comes back.

Moose