[OM] Re: OT - Peter Lik!

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - Peter Lik!
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 12:45:16 +1000
Paul Braun wrote:
> My wife and I are in Vegas this week on vacation.  Last night, we ran
> across Peter Lik's gallery in The Venetian -- whoa.
> His only US galleries are here in Vegas - one at Mandalay Bay, one at
> the Venetian, and one at Caesar's.  (Actually, he does have on in
> Lahaina if you're in Hawaii).  If you're ever here, you really owe it to
> yourself to see them.  His other galleries are all in his native Australia.

One of them is just a walk down the hill from me, on the tourist strip.
I've gone in there many times, on past holiday visits and a couple since
I've been here. Did they do any of the lighting affects on any of the
pictures while you were there, where they raise the illumination from
nil to full, either on the b&w Sydney skyline, or that arch of rock:

http://www.peterlik.net/itemph.asp?what='WG299'

? It's even more impressive. My favourite shot is the one of the centre
of the flower, where it just looks beautifully molten between the petals
and stamens:

http://www.peterlik.net/itemsquares.asp?what='WG369'

There is a photo I want to buy there (a b&w panorama of the Sydney Opera
House shells):

http://www.peterlik.net/itemph.asp?what='WG357'

but I'll probably end up with the b&w Sydney skyline, as I think it's an
unlimited print, whereas I'm not sure about the former. Unfortunately, I
just bought a print (from a painting) of one of David Hart's Stations of
the Cross series ("The Flogging") to brighten the walls, and I'll
probably have to leave it a bit before the next purchase.

Cheers,
Marc
Noosa Heads, Oz