[OM] Re: E-3 BAYER PATTERN

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 BAYER PATTERN
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 17:19:43 -0700
Winsor Crosby wrote:
> If you are talking about the new Kodak filter pattern where one of
> the Gs is gray, I think you probably have your wish. Probably the
> sensor is Panasonic as the past several Oly cameras have been and
> Kodak, in their announcement, said video first anyway.  I am puzzled
> by your statement though because I would have thought the new Kodak
> filter would greatly improve the noise floor in physically small
> sensors and it had nothing to do with the E-1. What problem was there
> with the E-1 filter?

I speculate that David is referring to the effects of Bayer pattern
arrays on resolution of image detail. Although not Oly, there is a
careful presentation of the effect here.
<http://www.ddisoftware.com/sd14-5d/> The situation would be similar for
any conventional Bayer array.

David, I thin you may be sure that the E-3 uses a conventional array.
Otherwise, they would certainly be trumpeting their special feature.

Moose