[OM] Re: [OT] LCD monitor tests

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] LCD monitor tests
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 12:58:01 -0400
Did more online research on the 226BW.  A Contrast setting of 50 and a
Brightness setting of 89 were recommended to achieve 140 cd/m2 with a
gamma of 2.2.  Using the "viewing angle and gamma" test found at the
website below, these settings, after calibration with my spyder,
produced an area on the screen about one third the overall height,
located mid screen with a gamma of 2.2. Actually, only 1/7th of the
height was "right on" 2.2 though I allowed a little variance in either
direction.  The upper third then was slightly darker and the lower
third, brighter.

Because of the small vertical viewing angle of the 226BW, a final
preview of an image at 16.7% in PS with the image located at the center
of the screen is needed before sending it to the printer. I'd be curious
if anyone on the list have done these tests on a S-PVA or S-IPS panel
and what their results were.

Richard