[OM] Re: T-45 misfiring (was "Dr. Flash...)

Subject: [OM] Re: T-45 misfiring (was "Dr. Flash...)
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 08:56:00 -0400
But wouldn't electronic switch chatter be faster than what the motor
drive and camera could respond to?  I have little experience with
debouncing switches in software but my recollection is that we're
talking times of a few milliseconds at most.  Since the motor drive can
only run about 5 frames/sec it can't respond to events of less than
200ms duration without having some form of memory to capture the switch
bounce.  What's the flaw in my logic?  Is it the user's thumb that's
doing the chattering at a much slower rate than switch contact bounce?

Chuck Norcutt