[OM] Re: Favorite tripod carrying case

Subject: [OM] Re: Favorite tripod carrying case
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 22:28:39 -0400
More often than not, my tripod is just sitting in the trunk of the car
not protected by anything.  But if anything gets damaged in there it is
more likely to be the damager rather than the damagee.  I have sometimes
carried it in a heavy duty canvas light stand bag but I haven't done
that in quite some time.  Probably since I bought a real Manfrotto carry
strap for it.  But its weight and protruding lock levers and other parts
make it not such a fun thing to carry very far.  If you can do without
the padding a good quality light stand bag is an option as is a real
tripod carry case.  Bogen bags w/o padding run from about $40-75 but
with padding are more in line with the Gitzo price.  You can buy pretty
cheaply on the bay but it may be hard to tell what you're getting.

Chuck Norcutt