[OM] Re: The one dollar digital camera

Subject: [OM] Re: The one dollar digital camera
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 12:10:28 -0700 (PDT)
Dr Flash wrote:
> Based on a 400x400 pixel image?  Surely you jest.

Nope, I'm serious.  I "normalized" the images as much as possible to
mimick the end result of a normal print or screen display. Some would
say "dumbed down" and that isn't too far out.

If you want to "pixel-peep", that's your business. But this
comparison was the opposite of "pixel-peeping", but more in line with
the typical output.

I will probably put together a pixel-peeper comparison, but to what
end?  Unless the end result is a print at maximum possible size, it
really doesn't matter. For anything 11x14 and smaller, I can get the
output of film and the E-1 to be virtually indestinguishable.

ken

Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the
tools to get online.