[OM] Re: Whiston church Northamptonshire

Subject: [OM] Re: Whiston church Northamptonshire
From: "geebee" <geebee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 22:36:20 +0100
From: "Andrew Fildes" <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Wow, flying butresses and all that.
> One may not be scruffy i the sight of the Lord?
> Just promise not to nick the altarware!
> I now have this unfortunate mental image of you shambling up the
> aisle, dragging a leg or two and shedding small clods of filth and
> rotting garment as you desperately clutch your last remaining Leica
> in search of that inspirational shot. Collapsing on the stone floor
> before the altar and lit only by a shaft of divine light piercing the
> gloom from the celestory, you croak, "Too late, Lord, too late. The
> light's quite wrong and I'm only loaded with 200 ISO," and expire
> with a gasp and shudder.
> Andrew Fildes
> afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> On 25/09/2007, at 2:54 AM, geebee wrote:
>
>> Hi Piers,
>>
>> http://www.geebeephoto.com/Northamptonshire_Churches/A-L/pages/
>> Fotheringhay_1.htm
>>
>> http://www.geebeephoto.com/Northamptonshire_Churches/A-L/pages/
>> Fotheringhay_2.htm
>>
>> I keep meaning to get some interior shots but it looks so grand and
>> I am a scruffy walker :-)

Owning Leicas,  a Zuiko 21mm f2, a Zuiko 35 - 80mm f2.8 etc coupled with my
wage means that 'rotting garment' is an inevitable
consequence. Whilst I may 'not be scruffy in the sight of the Lord' my
immediate concern would be how I look in the sight of the
Church of England and its adherents, a.k.a. the Tory Party at prayer :-)

--Graham