[OM] Re: Home is where the heart is...

Subject: [OM] Re: Home is where the heart is...
From: "Tom Fenwick" <super.wide@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 14:54:51 +0100
Thanks Mike.

The secret, such as it is, is a bit of a palaver...  Shoot raw,
bracket and chimp liberally until the histogram is at the right, sort
it out in Lightroom.

If you can see you are losing shadows, you can increase the exposure
about a stop from the one determined above and then use highlight
recovery and exposure compensation in raw conversion to fix.

I still feel there is less dynamic range available than on the E1
(although Oly have released another page here suggesting they don't
agree: http://www.olympus-esystem.com/dea/special/passion/index.html
).

I've tried it with jpegs as well, but you don't have half as much room
for manouver.  Shooting raw at iso 100/200 you can do a lot.  I'd
still rather it worked like tri-x and diafine, but the color is nice
:-)

Tom