[OM] FS: Vivitar 28/2

Subject: [OM] FS: Vivitar 28/2
From: priit@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 13:07:05 +0300 (EEST)
For sale, a Vivitar 28mm f/2 fast wideangle. I'm offering this to the list
in the hopes that someone might put it to good use. I had this as a
companion to my OM-1, but the camera got stolen and now I have a 35mm
Zuiko anyway, which is why the Viv is sitting on a shelf.

This is the "Kiron design" with a 22.. serial number, much discussed on
Robert Monaghan's site, photo.net and this list among others. The lens has
a good reputation but in my opinion it has to be stopped down to f/2.8 to
get a good image in the centre and the edges are also not living up to the
hype. The centre performance certainly lives up to the expectations (refer
to Chuck Norcutt's tests posted on the list, last year I think). Filter
size is 55mm.

The lens is in great cosmetic and working condition. Although I haven't
used it lately, it hasn't been in enclosed storage so there is little fear
of fungus. I had a problem with the loose lens mount, but a camera repair
guy was able to locate and tighten the screws involved, so all is good
now.

Asking $30 plus shipping. I can accept PayPal, EU cheap bank transfers are
also an option.

thanks for looking,
priit.