[OM] Sendai Camera Manufacturing Plant

Subject: [OM] Sendai Camera Manufacturing Plant
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 15:04:13 -0700
I found these photos really interesting, not because it is the Nikon
D3, but how the manufacturing process looks for a low production,
high end camera. Very different from the industrial setting I
imagined. It looks more like a crowded laboratory than a
manufacturing and assembly plant. Probably not much different from
the 1Ds Mk III facility or even the E3 facility which. Seeing the
number of workers also makes it clear why there is such a lead time
on announcements until the initial shipment is accumulated.

http://www.e-fotografija.si/templates/?a=1132&z=93&page=2

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA