[OM] Re: "How to give your low-end Canon digital camera RAW support"

Subject: [OM] Re: "How to give your low-end Canon digital camera RAW support"
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 23:34:03 -0400
Oops, it's been a long day.  Re fwd'd the note with the proper subject
line.

Glad you have Internet access.  Thanks for the info.  I always pay

close attention to your posts even if I don't get a chance to respond.

Thumbs up on your early foliage photo as well.  Look fwd to the others.

 I had hoped the hacked RAW would significantly enhance the dynamic

range.  I'll wait for your final verdict on IQ/utility of the F30 or

F31 vs the hacked 710.

Mike

The 710 IS is a pretty capable camera. With static subjects, the IS
brings it about on a par with the F30 for noise, using slower shutter
speeds and lower ISO on the A710. And I really love the extra reach of
twice the zoom range. But it's a bit bigger and heavier, partly for the
lens and a bit for the mostly useless optical viewfinder.
Anyone who wants to play should decide fairly soon, as the 720 IS and
S5

are already replacing their predecessors and use the DIGIC III
procesor.

The A720 adds nothing of value to me to the 710.

Moose

http://mail.aol.com

http://mail.aol.com