[OM] Re: Cell phone cameras (was And where's the E-1?)

Subject: [OM] Re: Cell phone cameras (was And where's the E-1?)
From: "Leandro DUTRA" <leandro.gfc.dutra@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 12:04:53 -0300
2007/9/10, Sandy Harris <sandyinchina@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Is there a cell phone with reasonable photo capabilities?

Not that I know of, it would be great indeed.

> Panasonic could probably do it. Stick a 4/3 sensor in
> it with a 10 or 12 mm lens. That's compact enough for
> a phone and potentially in the Ricoh GR Digital quality
> range for photography.

I thought the same.  Dunno about technical issues with that, other
than ending up with a huge cellphone.

Engineering is all about trade-offs, and that is what makes it hard.
This is where I like Olympus: with their concept-based engineering, I
like their decisions more than if they were based on specs only.

--
+55 (11) 5685 2219               xmpp:leandrod@xxxxxxxxxx
+55 (11) 9406 7191          Yahoo!: ymsgr:sendIM?lgcdutra