[OM] [OT] Off to Maine, folks...

Subject: [OM] [OT] Off to Maine, folks...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 23:41:56 -0700
Willie Wonka wrote:
> I am leaving work today at three and heading off for my annual trip to my
> favorite place on the entire planet.  The state of Maine.

I guess I'm too late to reply to Boris, but last night I purchased
tickets for our visit to Maine & Points South. We board  the metal bird
in a week and return Oct. 1st. Fly into Portland and home from JFK, with
much automotive wandering between.
> This time I am going to camp at Acadia National Park.
We will be visiting Acadia too. Fortunately, a friend has a wonderful
house on Mt. Desert, off Pretty Marsh Rd. So we won't be roughing it.
This is the view from her back yard.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/MPhotos/Maine/MtDesert/MtDesert/pages/Marsh.htm>
> This is not going to be a photography trip, but the A200 and the OM1 are
> coming with me (mandatory OM content...:)
This will certainly be a photography trip. Rough itinerary:

House on Long Lake in Bridgton, likely trip to White Mountains

Fish camp on Moosehead, side trip to Baxter St. Park, or maybe
Jackman/Moose River for good food and to get a new Moose hat?

Mt. Desert/Acadia, probable Thai food in Ellsworth, much traipsing
about, maybe Flying Mountain
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/MPhotos/Maine/MtDesert/FlyingMtn.htm>.
No full Moon over the marsh this year.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/MPhotos/Maine/MtDesert/MarshMoon.htm>

Freeport/Portland, LL Bean outlet, other retail entertainment. Bought my
favorite pair of shoes in Freeport two years ago.

Boston, been through airport, driven under, never looked around.
Hudson, MA, family, side trip somewhere scenic &/or historic.
Brooklyn, family, favorite niece still living at home. And aunt Annie
just turned 90, and can't be relied upon to be around too much longer.
And - Judy Chicago's Dinner Party is at the Brooklyn Museum. Prospect
Park and the Botanical Garden.

Looks like we will actually have to pay for accommodations in Brooklyn,
eek! Any suggestions?

And with any luck, a visit to Round Pond and Bob - for at least a beer
and a jaw - and a better picture of the place. And other side trips as
yet unknown.
>   I will try to sneak out for the two projects that Ive had in mind since my
> last visit there.
>   See ya some time next week.

No, you'll be back home before I get there!

Moose