[OM] Re: Huge print + E-500

Subject: [OM] Re: Huge print + E-500
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 13:29:59 -0700
> From: "Rickard Nilsson" <rickard.nilsson@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> I have been asked to urgently help out by
> photographing a flower that should be printed
> in about 3x3 meters...
>
> Is it just plain stupid to try to do this with
> the E-500, or could the result be acceptable?

It all depends on the viewing distance. Billboards are often printed
at 10ppi.

> I read somewhere that 23 ppi should be an
> appropriate resolution for such big images.

I've got a formula somewhere I can't find right now that gives you the
necessary ppi for any given viewing distance. Such things must be on
the Internet, as well. Google is your friend!

:::: Those right-wing, religious nuts have gone too far: in Texas, a
man can't even marry his widow's sister! ::::
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com> ::::