[OM] Re: [OT] little rant on e-mail politeness

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] little rant on e-mail politeness
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 14:11:58 EDT

In a message dated 8/24/2007 1:00:25 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

A polite  e-mail suggesting
that a price is out of line one thing, a negative toned  e-mail that
suggest one is ripping someone off by asking to much is  another thing of
course.

I will sometimes bring an error to a seller's attention. Most are
appreciative and respond positively.  The ones I really would like to  respond
to and
don't are the ones that have a rare Olympus OM 10 kit for sale  with a starting
bid of $195.  The kit will typically include the camera,  50mm f1.8 lens, an
off brand flash and a package of lens tissue.  Most  assure you that everything
works great, however it will need new batteries  because the old ones are
dead.  Hmm, how did they test the meter?

What I would like to say might be:

How did you test the meter?

What kind of drugs are you taking or perhaps not taking, that have been
prescribed for you?

Do you know how to do a completed auction search on eBay to help determine
the value of an item?

And the list goes on, however I never contact them.  Just figure the  market
place will tell them what they need to know and that it isn't my day to  be in
charge of helping them figure it out.

Bill Barber