[OM] Re: T adapters [was Re: fountain pens [was: some drivel about the l

Subject: [OM] Re: T adapters [was Re: fountain pens [was: some drivel about the latest wonderbrick]]
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 06:52:46 -0400
Moose is correct.  The register distance of a T threaded lens or
accessory is 55.00mm.  It's longer than the cameras it was planned to
fit to allow for the insertion of adapters.  Whether you adapt a T
device to a 4/3 mount with a single adapter or with a combination
doesn't make any difference.  The combined thickness of the combination
will be the same as the single adapter.

That assumes, of course, that the non-T adapter on the camera body will
allow infinity focus for that type of lens.  Fortunately, the register
distance of the 4/3 mount is so short that almost any 35mm lens is OK.

I just bought a T-mount, multi-coated Spiratone 400/6.3 on the bay for
less than $21.  It's a lens I recall wanting in the late 70's or early
80's but never bought.  By happenstance this one has an OM mount already
installed.  While I do have a single T->EOS adapter I could also just
leave the OM mount in place and use it with an OM->EOS adapter.

Chuck Norcutt