[OM] Re: e-410/11-22

Subject: [OM] Re: e-410/11-22
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 10:37:06 +1000
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> My, oh, my!  I'm sure I've had the three billy goats gruff read
 > to me as a child and I'm sure I read it many times to my children.
 > But in my versions there was never any gouging out of eyeballs
 > or crushing of troll bones. ...

My apologies for again quoting Terry Pratchett, but he had this to say
about his own children's story, 'Hogfather':

  "Let's see, now... in HOGFATHER there are a number of stabbings,
  someone's killed by a man made of knives, someone's killed by the
  dark,  and someone has just been killed by a wardrobe.

  It's a book about the magic of childhood. You can tell."

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz